Thursday, February 14, 2013

Please strenthen me and help others to understand my illness

Someone said something the other day that made me really think.  She said sometimes I get jealous or mad because I look at the people that have it all together, because of what they wear and such.  That is so not true, Anytime we go in public I wear makeup, blingy jewelry and dress very nice but if you seen me at home I look on the verge of a homeless person.  So I guess my point is that just because someone looks like they have it all together and has no problems, that's no necessarily true.  Some people hid their problems from the world and some people don't.  I have just started to learn that Depression is not something to be ashamed of.  It is a disease that more people than you think suffer through.  I talk about mine at bible study, at my counselors and on my blog because it feels good to say it out loud and I'm hoping someone someday can say Chrissy, its going to be alright, Ive been where you are now and I am doing great now.  None of my family understands the disease or the pain I'm going through.  A lot of them say I should be over it by now but, having your child taken away by his father is awful and I am not over it yet.  Today is Valentines Day, and I have dreaded this holiday because I always got stuff for him and its always been a holiday we celebrate.  I am hoping someday I will feel a little bit better, but that moment isn't now.  I need help and I have been reaching out for it but now I realize the only one I need to reach out to is God.  He will listen and understand me more than anyone else could.  So I will just leave you with the scripture that I like.
My soul is weary with sorrow, strengthen me according to your word ~ Psalm 119:28

No comments:

Post a Comment