Monday, December 17, 2012

God, who holds time and chance in His hands, is the only one who can put you at the right place at the right time.

A year ago on July 10th (which is my birthday)  Shannon and I went to Willow Ridge Winery and then we were going to supper for my birthday.  While we were at the Winery,  Shannon got up and got on one knee and proposed to me!  It was one of the most special days of my life.  Now notice I say one, and the reason for that is because a couple sitting near us saw it all happen and they just happened to be celebrating their anniversary.  They introduced themselves to us and we have kept in touch on Facebook ever since that day.  They have touched our hearts in so many ways that I cant even explain it in words.  We have only seen them in person once(well I seen them another time when they came by to get a patio table)  But they are a couple that Shannon and I look up to, we hope our love can be as strong as theirs is for each other for the rest of our lives.  I have been through alot of hard times and Jennifer has help lift me up with her wonderful personality and her great love for God.  She is going through some rough times of her own right at the moment yet she is still so strong and is still helping others.  She is truly my hero.  I don't think it was a coincidence that we were at the same place at the same time.  I think it was Gods work.  And for that I am forever grateful.  And even though we only speak through facebook,  Jennifer and Eric Bertoldo you hold a special place in our hearts and we are so very grateful to be able to call you our friends.   So I will end this post with something I think is fitting for the subject.    God who holds time and chance in his hands,is the only one who can put you in the right place at the right time.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Chrissy!!!! That was such a heart-warming post, and I got goosebumps and all teary-eyed reading it!! I feel the exact same way about you and Shannon and our meeting at Willow Ridge that day. I do not believe in coincidence and we were sitting next to you, only because of the the wonderful, knowing hand of God!

    You say you see strength in me. Well my dear friend, I see it in YOU too! You are fighting each day to feel like "you" again, and to accept that brokenness is normal and can be used in a mighty way! You are such a wonderful woman, with such a sweetheart of a husband. you are so loved! You have so much to offer this hurting world, as you have the experience to now share, to help others.

    As for only really talking via facebook-that will change. We WILL meet for coffee soon. I promise you that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now im teary eyed!! Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy, You and Shannon were so CUTE that day !! Jennifer and I STILL talk about that. We said even then that this was no "chance" meeting. You NAILED it with your final quote. We ALL need to get together again soon....keep staying strong strong and like jennifer said,brokeness is normal. I've been broken MANY times :) God keeps fixing me, haha..... I like keeping Him on His toes!! :) Thanks for the praises but YOU too are a voice also....let God use you as he wants to Chrissy....Awesome things are in store for You and Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Eric, I havent found out what my purpose is yet or what God has in store for me, but first I need him to fix my brokeness!!!

    ReplyDelete