Thursday, March 14, 2013

God is So Good

The craziness has started at our house as we pack!  We found a house to rent and we are moving next weekend!  AHHHH!  It is so stressful to pack and move!  I had been dragging my feet and procrastinating, which if you knew me would know this is VERY unusual for me.  But I guess I was still having a hard time knowing we were moving away from the house we put so much work into.  A lot of blood(Shannon's), sweat and tears went into this house and its beautiful.  But then this week I decided I needed to put my big girl panties on and just get in gear so now we are working like crazy to get everything done by next weekend!  But enough of the boring stuff and on to the exciting part of this post!!  On March 7th at 10:44am I got a text from Shannon that said I'm ready to accept the Lord as my Savior.  And my response back was: What? Stop!! Don't play with me! And he responded back I'm serious I am ready.  I was so overjoyed that I cried first then I contacted Doris because that's who Shannon wanted to pray with him that Saturday morning so she set it all up.  Now let me back up just a little.  Ever since we started Alpha at the Vineyard Shannon was very uneasy with it and didn't exactly feel comfortable there but he kept going to support me because he knew I needed it and loved it!  We went to church and he still wasn't sure about it, but he went every week with me anyways.  I accepted the Lord as my Savior and as I said in the past post that all my prayers started to be answered and he still wasn't convinced.  He thought it was all coincidence or something.  Then he said one morning at church he felt a cool breeze sweep across his shoulders and then he started looking at the situation totally different.  So Saturday morning came and we gathered in the sanctuary before Holy Spirit Day.  With us was Doris and her husband Cliff and Kevin and Jamie and Shannon and I.   Doris was there for obvious reasons!!  But he wanted Jamie and her husband there because she was the first one to ever pray with him one on one, and later he realized that her prayer was answered, just not right when he expected it.  So we gathered around Shannon and he accepted the Lord as his Savior and it was AMAZING!!  Afterwards he said he felt a warm burning sensation in his legs and knees and his knees were about to buckle.  I am so very proud of him!  He took a big step and its a huge step for our relationship.  I already loved him so much I actually thought there was no way I could love him more, until that day and then my eyes opened wider and I seen him in a totally different way and my heart loved him even more.  I am excited to see what God has in store for us in the future and I am so excited to be now walking hand in hand with my Husband during that journey!  I'm excited about our growing love with God and our godly love growing with each other. God is So Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment